Åsa Pérez-Bercoff has a background in molecular biology and bioinformatics, having completed an MSc in Molecular Biology (2003) and an MSc in Engineering (2006) in Sweden. She completed a PhD in the research group of Associate Professor Aoife McLysaght at the Genetics department, Trinity College Dublin. Her PhD research was on the function and evolution of human protein networks, using publicly available datasets for modelling and hypothesis testing, and included a brief collaborative visit to Associate Professor Gavin Conant at the University of Missouri.
Following her PhD, Åsa worked as a bioinformatician in the Cancer Proteomics Mass Spectrometry research group of Associate Professor Janne Lehtiö (Karolinska Institute) in Sweden before moving to Australia in 2012 to join the research research group of Associate Professor Gavin Huttley at the ANU, in collaboration with Professor Wieland Meyer, at the Westmead Millenium Institute and University of Sydney.
Åsa joined the Edwards Lab in 2015 and worked on viral motif mimicry for a while before switching to work on yeast genomics in collaboration with Microbiogen Pty Ltd.
- 2012-2015: POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW , AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY, CANBERRA, ACT, AUSTRALIA.
- 2012: POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW, KAROLINSKA INSTITUTE, SOLNA, SWEDEN.
SUMMARY OF ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
- PHD – 2012 — UNIVERSITY OF DUBLIN, TRINITY COLLEGE, DUBLIN,IRELAND.
- M.SC. IN ENGINEERING (SPECIALISING IN BIOINFORMATICS) – 2006 — CHALMERS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, GOTHENBURG, SWEDEN
- M.SC. IN MOLECULAR BIOLOGY — 2003 — SÖDERTÖRNS HÖGSKOLA, FLEMINGSBERG, SWEDEN
- CERTIFICATE IN INTERNATIONAL ENGLISH LANGUAGE TESTING SYSTEM (IELTS), GENERAL TRAINING, STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN, 2012
- CERTIFICATES IN TECHNICAL DATA PROCESSING (BASIC AND INTERMEDIATE COURSES), FOLKUNIVERSITETET, BOARD OF EXTRAMURAL STUDIES AT STOCKHOLM UNIVERSITY, STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN, 2001
- CERTIFICATE IN ADVANCED ENGLISH (CAE), UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE, LOCAL EXAMINATIONS SYNDICATE, STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN, 1999